Saturday, July 19, 2008

"A Decade Gone By"

It is hard to believe that Lilli turned TEN YEARS OLD this year!! I honestly do not know where the time goes too! At times it seems like "motherhood" will last FOREVER...but then you turn around and 10 years has gone by already. I recently was watching some video footage of Lilli when she was about 4 years old...she was singing some primary songs...like Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree...and it was so cute. For some reason it really grabbed my heart and I got all teary eyed. It put in perspective the time that had passed...and how my little girl is turning into a young woman with each passing year. David also got some video footage of her when she was about 3 years old and in in she is wearing some fake eye glasses with coke bottle lenses...her eyes looked ENORMOUS! She folds her arms and without closing her eyes or missing a beat says a little prayer...Heavenly Father, thank you for mommy/daddy and Jonathan...name of Jesus Christ, Amen. I know that I will settle back into the routine of everyday life...and before you know it...I will blink and my sweet daughter will be kneeling across the alter in the temple...being sealed to her eternal sweetheart for eternity. I pray between now and then...I may stop to "smell the roses" and enjoy these years while she is still ours to enjoy! We made her cake from a cake mix...and this was the FIRST cake that I actually made the frosting from scratch. I made it out of butter, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. It came out pretty dang good...if I do say so myself! After that...Lilli and I decorated the cake with different sprinkles and stars. We only had three candles...and NO matches...so we sang Happy Birthday to her and she pretended to blow out the candles and make a wish. I hope that ALL of her dreams and wishes come true! We love her so very much...and our family would NOT be the same without her! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILLI BUGS!!!! Love Mom















No comments: