Saturday, August 16, 2008

"Make Me Babies"

Today...I got online to see if there was any sites where you could submit two pictures of a boy and a girl and then see what their future children were supposed to look like. I tried it with David and I...but I think the "real" thing (or our own children) are much prettier then what the computer could generate! However, I put a picture of my daughter, Cosette, and a picture of the boy who she says that she is going to marry on...and their kids turned out BEAUTIFUL!! When Cosette was only a baby...around 8 months old...we were living with my mom at the time. I was really struggling with being overwhelmed constantly by having four small children...and especially with Cosette because she could be a handful! She was a GREAT baby...but she was very clingy...and I never got much of a break away from her. At the same time...my youngest brother started dating a girl named Nichole...and for some reason she and I hit it off right away. She LOVED Cosette...and for some strange reason...Cosette had no problem going to her. (She wouldn't do that with anyone but Nichole...usually I had her full time!) Nichole had just had a baby as a young teenager...and made the unselfish choice of giving that child up for adoption to an LDS couple who had been trying for years to have a baby. For anyone who has witnessed somebody who has given a baby up for adoption...they know of the extreme pain and suffering that the young mother goes through after the loss of her child. Nichole was no different! She was in a deep depression...and whenever she took Cosette...it seemed to alleviate some of her pain (or so she said!). The amazing thing was that each month Nichole would receive pictures of her son, Porter, who she had given up for adoption. On one occasion, we put Cosette up to the computer to look at a picture of Porter...without any prompting...Cosette touched the picture of Porter lovingly...and then kissed the screen all by herself. It was as if she recognized him...both me and Nichole were blown away. It was almost as if Porter and Cosette had know each other before they came to this Earth...and that Porter had known how much pain his sweet biological mother would be in after making the right decision to give him the best chance possible at a balanced life. It is almost as if he knew Cosette would be put into his mother's life...and that he asked her to comfort her and be there to ease the pain. The thing is...Cosette did just that...and Nichole eased my stress and pain as well! I feel so very blessed to have Nichole as a part of my life...and now she is married to Jason, my youngest brother, and they have a little girl together. The Lord's timing in things never ceases to amaze me! He knew that I was struggling as a young mother of four kids...and he knew that nobody else except Nichole could bond with Cosette so well and allow me to get the breaks that I so desparately needed at that time. Plus, he knew that Cosette...who is just a month and two weeks older then Porter...could help Nichole heal from the loss of her sweet little son. The Lord is truly merciful in his dealings with mankind...and I shall be forever grateful that he brought to struggling mothers together when they needed each other the most! We have since joked on a regular basis that someday Porter and Cosette will find each other once more and fall in love and get married! Cosette believes that with all of her four year old little heart...and fiercly defends that belief if anyone challenges it! It would be a RIOT if it actually happened...only time will tell! ~ Christina



No comments: